We are honored to be on this list. Thank you Inc. Magazine.
It seems like every day, news of another emerging social network or a change to an existing favorite network is making headlines: Instagram stories, Snapchat ads, algorithms changing, live streaming everywhere.
The space is changing so rapidly it can be challenging for entrepreneurs, business owners, and creatives to make sure their social media strategy, presence, and digital brand is optimized for every setting, algorithm, and opportunity.
To keep up, it helps to stay informed by reading the latest books and blogs, listening to social podcasts, and attending social media themed events, conferences, and workshops where you can learn from the industry’s top experts.
Here are some resources to help you get to (and stay!) at the top of your social game!
- The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users, by Guy Kawasaki
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World, by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Likeable Social Media, Revised and Expanded: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Amazing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and More, by Dave Kerpen
- Social Media: Strategies to Mastering Your Brand–Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat, by David Kelly
- The Social Organism: A Radical Understanding of Social Media to Transform Your Business and Life, by Oliver Luckett
- Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers, by Jay Baer
- Facebook Marketing Like I’m 5: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Facebook Advertising Tools, Fan Growth Strategies, and Analytics, by Peg Samuel and Matthew Capala
- Capture Your Style: Transform Your Instagram Images, Showcase Your Life, and Build the Ultimate Platform, by Aimee Song
- Twitter Marketing That Sells: How to Convert Your Twitter Followers Into Business Dollars, by Mike Kawula
- Snapchat: Snapchat Marketing Mastery–How to Turn Your Followers Into $$$, by Marketing Mastery
- Pinterest Marketing: Drive Customers to Your Site With Promoted Pins, Buyable Pins, and More, by Katie McAdams
- Social Business Engine
- Social Media Social Hour
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Pros
- Art of Paid Traffic
- Online Marketing Made Easy
- Here’s a list of some additional digital marketing podcasts, if you want to broaden the scope of your learning!
Websites and Blogs
- Social Media Examiner
- Convince & Convert Blog
- Buffer blog
- Simply Measured Blog
- Peg Fitzpatrick’s blog
- Social Media Marketing World
- Social Fresh Conference
- Social Media Week (multiple events)
- Social Media Strategies Summits (multiple events)
- Social Media Camp
- The Social Shake-Up
There are so many fabulous and informative social media books, podcasts, websites, blogs, and events; these are just a few. Be sure to share your favorites too, in the comments and on Twitter, so we can all learn from one another!
Originally published on Inc. JAN 9, 2017
» Featured » These Books, Blogs, and Podcasts...